||7 months ago|
|doc||2 years ago|
|examples||7 months ago|
|include||7 months ago|
|licenses||2 years ago|
|src||7 months ago|
|test||7 months ago|
|.gitignore||2 years ago|
|CHANGES.md||7 months ago|
|README.md||7 months ago|
|library.json||7 months ago|
|licenses.txt||2 years ago|
ESP-IDF-InkPlate Library Version 0.9.7
(June 21st, 2022)
Added support for
idf.py development, as provided by tajnymag.
(April 27th, 2022)
- Added MCP presence detection. With chips shortage issues, some Inkplate devices (Inkplate-10, Inkplate-6PLUS) may have their second MCP chip missing. The
mcp_ext.is_present()method can be used to check its availability. Log information messages are produced indicating if MCPs are detected as present or not.
- Corrected issue with PlatformIO Espressif32 version 3.3.0 (wifi_interface_t vs esp_interface_t)
- Added InkPlate-6PLUS support: Screen, Touch Screen, Front Light.
INKPLATE_6PLUSmust be defined to compile for this device. For the TouchScreen class, TouchPositions has been defined as an array of 2 entries to minimize the potential of bad methods parameters.
- Some code refactoring in drivers.
- I2C speed lowered to 100Khz instead of 1Mhz (Wire class). This to respect I2C hardware limitation related to the PullUp resistors in used with Inkplate devices.
- Added Inkplate::lightSleep() and Inkplate::deepSleep() methods, calling the InkplatePlatform class methods
- InkplatePlatform::light_sleep() and InkplatePlatform::deep_sleep() methods modified to get gpio number and level as parameters
- Inkplate::begin() method now allows for one parameter to enable/disable the SDCard initialization. Disabled by default.
- For the InkPlate-6PLUS, the Inkplate::begin() method takes a second paremeter: a handler function pointer to process touch_screen interrupts.
- Added RTC PCF85063 support.
(March 4, 2021)
Version 0.9.4: Added
PressKeys class in support of the Buttons Extended Case as described here. To be used, at compile time, EXTENDED_CASE must be #defined. The
TouchKeys class will then not be included.
(March 2, 2021)
Version 0.9.3: Change required by ESP-IDF Version 4.2 for the SD Card support. Thanks to Yuki Mizuno for the supplied patch.
A porting effort to the ESP-IDF framework for the e-Radionica InkPlate software that can be find here.
--> Work in progress. It is usable, but testing remains to be completed. <--
Look in the
examples folder for ready-made applications. This library is conform to the PlatformIO IDE extension. All examples can be compiled using PlatformIO.
Information about the modifications is located in file CHANGES.md
ESP-IDF configuration specifics for InkPlate devices
An InkPlate application requires some functionalities to be properly set up within the ESP-IDF. The following elements have been done for this project and can be used as a reference for other projects:
PSRAM memory management: The PSRAM is an extension to the ESP32 memory that offers 4MB+4MB of additional RAM. The first 4MB is readily available to integrate into the dynamic memory allocation of the ESP-IDF SDK. To do so, some parameters located in the
sdkconfigfile must be set accordingly. This must be done using the menuconfig application that is part of the ESP-IDF. The following command will launch the application (the current folder must be the main folder of EPub-InkPlate):
$ idf.py menuconfig
The application will show a list of configuration aspects. To configure PSRAM:
Support for external, SPI-Connected RAM
SPI RAM config>
Initialize SPI RAM during startup
Run memory test on SPI RAM Initialization
Enable workaround for bug in SPI RAM cache for Rev 1 ESP32s
SPI RAM access method>
Make RAM allocatable using malloc() as well
Leave the other options as they are.
ESP32 processor speed: The processor must be run at 240MHz. The following line in
platformio.inirequest this speed:
board_build.f_cpu = 240000000L
You can also select the speed in the sdkconfig file:
FAT Filesystem Support: If the application requires the usage of the micro SD card. This card must be formatted on a computer (Linux or Windows) with a FAT 32 partition. The InkPlate6Ctrl class requires this in its current configuration. The following parameters must be adjusted in
FAT Filesystem support>
Max Long filename length>
Number of simultaneously open files protected by lock function>
Prefer external RAM when allocating FATFS buffer
Flash memory partitioning (optional): the file
partitions.csvcontains the table of partitions definition for the 4MB flash memory, required to support the largest applications size in an OTA context. The partitions OTA_0 and OTA_1 have been set to be 1.3MB in size. In the
platformio.inifile, the line
board_build.partitions=...is directing the use of these partitions configuration.